PH ready to help quake victims – Palace
THE Philippines is “ready to help in whatever way it can” to Turkey and Syria which were hit by a massive earthquake Monday, President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. said.
At least 600 people died while thousands of others were injured after the magnitude 7.8 tremblor.
“Our thoughts and prayers go to the peoples and governments of Türkiye and Syria following the strong earthquake that has claimed many lives and caused massive destruction to their countries,” the Chief Executive said in a statement.
“The Philippines is ready to help in whatever way it can in responding to this disaster,” he added.
He added that Malacañang is closely monitoring the situation. No Filipino has been reported dead, injured, or missing so far, according to the Department of Foreign Affairs.