Common signs & symptoms of dandruff
Flaking of the skin from the scalp. The white flakes can fall off from the skin and cause social embarassment. The conditon can be managed with personal care.
If you’re experiencing new, severe, or persistent symptoms, contact a health care provider.
- White, oily and flaky skin
- Itchy scalp
→ Common treatment options
→ How is this diagnosed?
– Causes of dandruff include:
- Dry skin
- Seborrheic dermatitis – red skin, scaly patches
- Yeastlike fungus
- Contact dermatitis, a red itchy rash caused by allergic substances
– The risk factors include:
- Age young adults to middle age
- Gender males have more dandruff
- Oily scalp
- Neurological diseases people with Parkinson’s disease are more likely to get seborrheic dermatitis
→ Do you have a health question on your mind for dandruff? Ask professionals from across the world
→ Interested to know more? Check out the full article here